Sunday, May 10, 2015

Angklung for the World




23rd March 2015 was a very historic day.  Because on that day, there was 20k people playing angklung together.

In the morning my class and the previous class getting ready to leave the school for the record-breaking location which is located at Siliwangi Stadium, Bandung. We were guided by two teacher assistant, Mr. Dudi and Mrs. Wiwin. Because the school was close to Siliwangi Stadium, then we went at exactly 7:15 am by walking together. When crossing the traffic lights, I feel like being herded by Mr. Dudi and Mrs. Wiwin. Haha. That was because we walk together much like ducks lined up.

When arrived there, all I can say is OMG does everyone in Bandung is here?” as a good citizen, I lined up with the group. After queuing for nearly 1 hour and 30 minutes, plus difficulty breathing because too many people, when I had almost reached the gate, my group in calling for back again and you know what? my group allowed enter by the VIP gate. Oh My God why not from earlier?
               
20k15 people
At the entrance, I was given food, free T-shirts, trash bag, and of course .... angklung. I got the angklung with the size of the smallest, but the most high voice. My angklung name was "Papua". Because the sun was getting up to the top, at the time it was very hot. I along with my friends took the initiative to use an umbrella and a jacket to protect the body.
               
The sun was very hot.
Honestly, the actual purpose of this is because I want to meet with my best friend in different school, because he was there also when I asked in a short message. But well, because there was tons of people, I wasn’t  blame anyone because we can’t meet that day. Hu Hu Hu.

Bandung Index Happiness: overload.
The show started around 9 through 30 minutes. It was opened by a speech from the mayor and the governor of West Java. After that, Me and 20 thousand others trained to play the angklung before actually starting to record-breaking. We practiced folk songs such as "Halo-Halo Bandung". After that we were directed by the mayor to line up neatly as eyes record-breaking event will begin immediately. Can you imagine Ridwan Kamil commanding 20 thousand people? incredible!

Arranged by our beloved Major, Ridwan Kamil.
The sngs for her record-breaking was "Heal The World". That song was fit where the note wasn’t too difficult. I was personally very enthusiastic and happy while playing angklung. Ha Ha.

Then WE GET IT! Museum Record Indonesia and it was being analyzed by a team of the Guinness Book of Records in London, England.

The Major and The Governor.
After completion of the event, we all flocked out of the stadium in an orderly Siliwangi Stadium and straight back to school because there another affairs.



Source:

www.thejakartapost.com/news/2015/04/23/bandung-breaks-angklung-world-record

No comments:

Post a Comment